APIs and SDKs
Just Enough Java
C and C++
<!Currently displayed workbook>
Writing Marketing Materials
for High-Tech Firms (2nd edition)
Every high-tech company needs a steady stream of marketing materials,
from data sheets to white papers.
Now any seasoned technical writer can learn how to write
all the most popular types of marketing materials,
with real-world examples and guidelines on how to master each one.
$76.95 + $9 s&h
The 2nd edition of this workbook covers all this:
What is Marcom?
The Skills for Success
- Three questions every customer asks
- A radio station we all know: WII-FM
- What is marketing communications (marcom)?
- Marcom vs. technical writing
- Marcom vs. journalism
The Top 10 Marketing Documents
- The skills you need for success
- Your Writer's Control Panel
- The secret of good marcom
- How to identify and segment your audience
- Turning features into benefits
Breaking into Marcom
- Product blurbs
- Data sheets
- Press releases
- Success stories
- White papers
For each of these document types:
- Real-world examples
- Typical format
- Typical distribution
- Typical content and how to prepare it
- A checklist
- Likely routes into marcom
- Unlikely routes into marcom
- Where the work is
- How to break into marcom
This workbook includes enough material for a 2-day workshop, including:
- Tips on charging up your creativity
- Silent brainstorming
- Morpho box
- Positioning grid
- Creativity software
- 212 PowerPoint slides
- 8 exercises, with suggested answers
- real-world samples of marketing documents
- additional background articles
- 10-page annotated bibliography of our recommended books
on marketing and technical communications.
And remember, there's no risk:
if you're not satisfied, you can return any workbook you order for a complete refund of the purchase price.
Future release: DVD of this workshop
In the not-too-distant future we plan to release a DVD of the "Writing Marketing Materials
for High-Tech Firms" workshop. If you would like
to be notified when the DVD is released, please
click here to send us an email. We will never sell or give your email address to any other company.
January 8, 2008
This website best viewed in 1024x768 or higher.
Entire contents © 2004-2009 by Marc Proulx except for portions which are © 1999-2009 by Manuel Gordon & Gordon Graham and are used with permission.
How to Contact Us
Tel: 800-481-6728 or 514-733-6620
|Join our Email List
Join our mailing list to receive our quarterly newsletter
and be notified of fresh content on this website.
Mail: 9-4702 Queen Mary
Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3W 1W8